Mom brought some $5 baked chicken home. Some parts of the meat were quite dry and tasteless. The best part of the chicken for me was around the skin, where you can tastet the crispiness and favour. I was eventually left with dry bits and pieces.
It seemed like a waste so I made some fried fice with everything that was available to me. I searched first so I don’t come up with some weird combinations.
Here are the steps
1. Get out onion, spring onion,pepper and garlic
2. chop the garlic, opion and pepper into small pieces
3. throw them in a heated, oiled pan (medium heat)
I suddenly thought, I think I don’t have enough chicken, I should add an egg
4. Once they seem to be mid cooked, I added egg on side of the pan(low heat)
5. scramble the egg and mix it with the other vegetables (season with salt and pepper)
6. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oyster sauce or soy sauce. I also added 1/3 tbs of seasame oil to enhance the flavours.
9. Add cooked rice
8. At last, add chopped sping onion in a low heat. stirr them for a minute.
After: The fried was pleasant and savoury. It wasn’t a particuarly amazing dish but it was much better than eating the chicken with some salt. One day…after KFC or have some chicken left, you will always have an option. I’m sure there are someone who has a better idea. 🙂